Assistance And Repayment Options


For customers who are having difficulty making their payment please call: 1-877-402-2043, select option 2.

We've made an additional line available with our servicing partner, US Bank to provide additional contact options: 1-888-287-7817, select option 2, then press 1 to speak to a representative.

However since there are many customers calling during this period, if you do not need an immediate response you may email your request to:

In all cases please provide you servicing account number (10 digits, beginning with 83000 or 8400 which is found on your billing statement) and if you are affected by the COVID-19 Virus please advise our servicing unit of that fact since there may be additional options available to you.

Due to the unusually high volume of calls during this time of crisis, we ask for your patience and assure you that our Servicing Unit is working as quickly as possible to respond to request and answer calls for assistance. Call in numbers are available Monday - Friday 7:00am - 8:00pm CT and Saturday 8:00am - 2:00pm CT.

If you have a normal servicing related question related to making a payment, escrow, buy out statements or other questions you may call our Servicing Unit at: 1-877-402-0537. Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you Monday - Friday 7:00am - 8:00pm CT and Saturday 8:00am - 2:00pm CT. You can also email our Servicing Unit at:

In all cases please provide your servicing account number - It is located on your billing statement and begins with 84000 or 83000. For call inquires, have an authorized signer from your account on the phone call. Due to unusually high call volumes, response times and wait times to speak to a customer service representative are understandably longer than normal.

Our Servicing Unit will continue to be here for you through these difficult times. We wish you and your loved ones good health.


*Guidance Residential currently sells its share in the Co-Ownership Contracts to government-sponsored institutions, Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae. As a participant in the Declining Balance Co-Ownership Program, you can rest assured that the terms of our Sharia-compliant Co-Ownership Contract remain fully intact for the duration of the Contract Term.

Call at 1-877-402-0537 Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time. When you call, be prepared to provide:

  • A brief explanation of your situation.
  • A detailed list of your household expenses.
  • Proof of household income (recent pay stubs, tax returns or profit-and-loss statements).
  • Completed consumer response packages may be faxed to 877-903-6972.

This program has two different options for homeowners - one for loan modification (HAMP) and another for refinancing (HARP). If you do not qualify for these options, you may qualify for other foreclosure prevention alternatives (HAFA).

This modification program adds delinquent Profit Payment, escrow items and foreclosure fees and costs (if applicable) to your Remaining Acquisition Balance, which is re-amortized over a new term. This will:

  • Bring your account up to date immediately.
  • Change the terms of the Co-ownership Agreement and Obligation to Pay for a fresh start in managing your home financing.

Find out if you're eligible for a Home Affordable Modification.

This program, which is only available on Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac contracts, allows you to take advantage of lower Profit Rates by refinancing your existing contract, even if the Remaining Acquisition Balance is greater than the value of your home. This will:

  • Lower your Profit Rate and monthly payment.
  • Save money and your home by lowering your Profit Rate.

If you have a complaint about your contract regarding, or related to, our loss mitigation foreclosure alternatives process or our foreclosure process, please direct your complaint, along with the name of each consumer and the contract number, to:

Guidance Residential, LLC,
Attention: Escalation Center
P.O. Box #21977
Eagan, MN 55121

To determine your eligibility for the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) or other contract modification programs:

  • Call Default Assessment at 855-698-7627.

To talk to a counselor about delinquent payments:

  • Call Default Counseling at 800-365-7900.

For free or low-cost general advice about buying a home, renting, default or avoiding foreclosure:

  • Contact a housing counselor at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at 800-569-4287.

We offer several options to help you retain your home. To determine which might best suit your needs, please review the following:

Repayment Plan

A repayment plan allows you to pay your regular monthly payment plus additional funds applied to past-due amounts. Payments are distributed over an agreed-upon period of time.

This option may work for you if:

  • You can afford your regular monthly payments and other expenses.
  • You have surplus funds at the end of the month.

Hardship Contract Modification

This option allows you to roll Profit Payment and escrow shortage from delinquent payments into the existing contract. You may qualify for a Profit Rate reduction to have the term of the contract extended.

This option may work for you if:

  • You can afford your regular monthly payment or a slight increase in your payment, plus other monthly expenses.
  • You don't have substantial funds left at the end of the month.

If you face the possibility of selling your home, ask yourself the following before starting the process:

  • Are you prepared to sell your home?
  • Are you unable to recover from a situation that caused you to fall behind on your contract payments?
  • Are you unable to afford your regular monthly payment and have no means to catch up on delinquent payments?

If you decide to sell your home, consider the following options.

Short Sale

In a short sale, the financier agrees to discount the contract balance due to hardship. The home is sold but proceeds fall short of the amount owed.

This option may work for you if:

  • You can't afford your regular monthly payment and expenses.
  • You are interested in selling your home, which is worth less than you owe.

Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure

This option allows you to deed your home back to your financier or investor instead of facing foreclosure.

This option may work for you if:

  • You can't afford your regular monthly payment or a slight increase in your payment, plus other monthly expenses.
  • You don't have substantial funds left at the end of the month.

Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative (HAFA)

HAFA provides additional options to avoid foreclosures and offers incentives to consumers who utilize a short sale or deed-in-lieu (DIL) to avoid foreclosure.

HAFA alternatives are available to all HAMP-eligible consumers who:

  • Do not qualify for a Trial Period Plan;
  • Do not successfully complete a Trial Period Plan;
  • Miss at least two consecutive payments during a HAMP modification; or,
  • Request a short sale or DIL.